Monday, January 01, 2018

What I'm Reading Now 1/1/18

Welcome to the New Year 2018!

I love to read, but over the years my reading time has gone down. Other things and life suck up the time. Still, I try to read as much as I can. I’m reading several books at a time in a combination of fantasy and nonfiction with some science fiction thrown in. Starting this year I’m going to occasionally share what I’m currently reading.

First, I’m a member of a book club where I work. We take turns picking books. The choice for this month was A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. The book is considered a classic in  the genre with a new movie coming out soon based on the book. I found the book entertaining, but wasn’t that impressed. Could be my age, since this book is usually read by a younger audience. Maybe time passing and thinking about it will help improve my opinion. Still, it’s a nice book for younger readers.

Another book I’m reading is Cold Days by Jim Butcher which is a part of the Harry Dresden series. I’m reading this one after finishing Ghost Story and wanting to find out what happens next to the main character. I enjoy the books because they are fast paced with plenty of action and a character that grows and changes in each book.

Finally, I’m reading a book on writing called Do It Yourself MFA by Gabriela  Pereira. The author explains the basics of what MFA programs teach without having going to college. The book is interesting and helpful. Writers would find it useful.

Until next time.

No comments: